- A list of unusual wedding entertainment ideas you may not have thought of from Dine, The Yorkshire Event Planners and Caterers.
- .There’s an article ‘ Is a ceilidh or barn dance right for my wedding ?’ here.
- Unlike tribute acts and some covers bands who try hard to sound and sometimes look like the original artists they imitate, the best ceilidh bands produce their own unique and original sound. That’s why they don’t use backing tracks , drum machines etc. While it’s fantastic that there is so much variety out there it does makes it very difficult for one ceilidh band to recommend another if, for example, your chosen band is unavailable on the date you have in mind. We know some great bands but of course none sounds quite like Bathsheba’s Wedding!
- So , what about a Scottish ceilidh? In our experience what most people mean when they ask us that question is, ‘Can you play Dashing White Sergeant, Gay Gordons, Circassian Circle, Virginia Reel and Orcadian Strip-the-Willow and teach them in such a way that everyone can do them – even all our non-Scots friends and family-members? And the answer is ‘Yes, we can!’ . Not only can we play them but we do, often, because they are such great dances that they are part of our normal repertoire anyway! We have a reputation for inclusive ceilidhs so we don’t do the complicated reeling dances like the Eightsome etc. that take hours to learn and practice over and again. But if you want a Scottish themed event that everyone can join in with let us know and we will make sure the standards are in there along with some recognisably Scottish tunes to go with them.
- Same goes if you are planning an American Hoe Down or barndance . We will be sure to include squares and circles and loads of traditional American tunes along with some Tex/Mex border tunes to add extra red-hot flavour to your cowboy roundup!
- From time to time we are asked if we can provide a Disco after our performance. We have worked with some great DJs who can certainly keep the party going after the excitement of a Bathsheba’s Wedding ceilidh and we will be very happy to introduce you. That way you are free to decide which DJ most suits your requirements.
- We note that after many years of providing Oxfordshire with many, many happy barn dances and ceilidhs The Bampton Barn Dance Band and and Tumbledown Dick have retired. We have danced ourselves at lots of your gigs over the years so, thank you guys, and we wish you well for the future.