- Ten reasons why it’s better to have ceilidh at your wedding than a disco here
- There’s an article ‘ Is a ceilidh or barn dance right for my wedding ?’ here.
- So , what about a Scottish ceilidh? In our experience what most people mean when they ask us that question is, ‘Can you play Dashing White Sergeant, Gay Gordons, Circassian Circle, Virginia Reel and Orcadian Strip-the-Willow and teach them in such a way that everyone can do them – even all our non-Scots friends and family-members? And the answer is ‘Yes, we can!’ . Not only can we play them but we do, often, because they are such great dances that they are part of our normal repertoire anyway! We have a reputation for inclusive ceilidhs so we don’t do the complicated reeling dances like the Eightsome etc. that take hours to learn and practice over and again. But if you want a Scottish themed event that everyone can join in with let us know and we will make sure the standards are in there along with some recognisably Scottish tunes to go with them.
- From time to time we are asked if we provide a Disco package. We have worked with some great DJs who can certainly keep the party going after the excitement of a Bathsheba’s Wedding ceilidh and we will be very happy to introduce you.
- We were the only ceilidh band in the whole of the UK to be finalists in the Guides For Brides 5* Customer Service Awards this year. Thought you may like to see the 2017 awards ceremony :-